742 East Shore Drive, Culver
Modern luxury meets history in this rarely available 100 year old home. Set high on the eastern shore with 92’ of lake frontage, this property boasts the best views of Lake Maxinkuckee, Indiana's 2nd largest natural lake. The 5838sf offers a smart floor plan with spaces for both formal and casual entertaining. The unique split staircase design divides the upper level owners wing from the rest of the bedrooms. An octagon shaped room on all three levels offers amazing lake views from the main and upper levels, while it serves as a home theatre in the lower level. Other spaces include a fitness area, billiard room, and home office. The lakeside boathouse is a great spot to entertain or relax by the water. The small town of Culver is the perfect place to escape the crowds of the city, yet located only 2 hours from Chicago and Indianapolis. The owners shares; "When I first saw the house, the thing that struck me most was the history - knowing that this had been a special place for many years and tied up with the Vonnegut family and others. The views from the house might be the best on the lake - and Culver Academies is easily seen from the kitchen and the deck. When my sons were at school there, it was lovely to look over and know they were thriving at school. It was also close enough that they could easily come home with their friends both during summer camp and winter school. Entertaining friends and family is a highlight of this house - beautiful sunsets, drinks on the deck, BBQ’s and dinner parties and lots of room for all to enjoy. The house lends itself to fun and enjoyment with multiple indoor and outdoor things to do. I spent many quiet hours watching the crew team practice and sailing races go on. I also loved taking my own kayak and sailboat out to enjoy the beauty of the lake. Close to the house is the start of a trail that I used to walk or run almost daily with my dogs. There are miles and miles of trails through the woods close by. Bicycling around the lake was also a favorite thing to do with my sons. I used to love when parade happened at the Academy and the music from the band would drift over the lake to the house - or alternatively we would take the golf cart to the parade grounds and watch up close. At night, the stars are spectacular- especially when there are meteor showers. We used to take the boat out to the middle of the lake to watch these. I think the house has a certain magic to it."
- MLS® #202018439
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,838
- Year Built1920
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- StyleFrench Provincial
- FeaturesCeiling Fan(s), Closet(s) Walk-in, Deck Open, Garage Door Opener, Near Walking Trail, Patio Open, Split Br Floor Plan, Stand Up Shower, Alarm System-Sec. Cameras, Custom Cabinetry, Alarm System-Security, Balcony, Built-In Speaker System, Built-In Bookcase, Built-in Desk, Countertops-Ceramic, Court-Basketball, Crown Molding, Detector-Smoke, Garden Tub, Generator-Whole House, Irrigation System, Kitchen Island, Landscaped, Steam Shower, Twin Sink Vanity, Utility Sink
- Garage Spaces3
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorStone, Stucco
- Lot DescriptionPartially Wooded, Waterfront, Waterfront-Medium Bank
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- Days on Market11
- Address742 East Shore Drive
- CountyMarshall County
- Zip Code46511
- InteriorCarpet, Hardwood Floors, Tile
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesFamily Rm, Living/Great Rm, Gas Log, Three +
- StoriesTwo Story
- Basement Desc.Partial Basement, Walk-Out Basement, Finished
- DistrictCulver Community Schools Corp.
- Listing AgentTom Canarecci
- Listing OfficeColdwell Banker Real Estate Group
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS