1601 Lant Circle, Evansville
Beautiful & historic, this colonial home boasts old world charm with all the modern conveniences! Originally built for George and Ida Krauss in 1929, the home has undergone major additions and upgrades in 1978 and 2005. This impressive home features 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, an attached 3 car garage, and over 6,500 sf for family and entertaining. Upon entering the home, an original grand staircase and hardwood floors welcome you. From the foyer, stunning curved casement openings lead to both the large formal dining and living rooms. The formal living room is complemented with an original fireplace with an imposing mural done in the Jolif technique signed and dated by the artist Lyle Ingraham in 1939. French doors lead to the solarium, featuring original black and white quarry floors, a tile fountain, built-in bookcases, and loads of windows making this the perfect room to relax with your favorite book! Opposite the formal living room, the dining room features French doors leading to a relaxing screened porch overlooking the peaceful fenced side yard. The fully appointed kitchen boasts Fehrenbacher cabinetry, separate Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, two sinks, double convection ovens, a quartz-topped island with electric cooktop and warming drawer, and brick paver flooring. Open to the kitchen, the large breakfast room offers wonderful views of the side yard and double sliding doors to the private brick paver courtyard. Near the entry from the side yard, a nice laundry room provides plenty of storage with cabinetry, a sink, and lockers. At the rear of the home, a large and open 2 story hearth room features a stately fireplace, a bowed window, and French doors leading to the courtyard. Overlooking the hearth room, a cozy loft with skylights and built-ins provides a quiet get-away or place for a home office. There is a massive theatre room above the 3 car garage complete with a wet bar, mini-refrigerator, pool table, and even a secret staircase! The large upstairs master suite has double sinks, a tile shower, and a whirlpool tub. Also, upstairs are 4 additional bedrooms each with their own charm and two additional full bathrooms. Additionally, the home features a partially finished basement, low maintenance perennial landscaping, updated HVAC and electrical, and so much more!
- MLS® #202013918
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,552
- Year Built1929
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- StyleGeorgian, Colonial
- FeaturesAttic Storage, Ceiling-Cathedral, Ceilings-Vaulted, Countertops-Stone, Crown Molding, Disposal, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Jet/Garden Tub, Irrigation System, Landscaped, Porch Screened, Twin Sink Vanity, Stand Up Shower, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Floor Laundry, Sump Pump, Washer Hook-Up, Formal Dining Room, Great Room, Custom Cabinetry, Alarm System-Security, Attic-Walk-up, Breakfast Bar, Built-In Speaker System, Built-In Bookcase, Built-In Home Theatre, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Chair Rail, Countertops-Laminate, Kitchen Island, Patio Open, Pocket Doors, Porch Covered, Utility Sink, Wet Bar
- Garage Spaces3
- Lot DescriptionCorner
- WindowsDouble Pane Windows
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- FoundationBlock, Brick, Poured Concrete
- Days on Market41
- Address1601 Lant Circle
- CountyVanderburgh County
- Zip Code47714
- InteriorCarpet, Hardwood Floors, Tile, Ceramic Tile, Stone, Brick
- HeatingForced Air, Gas
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesFamily Rm, Living/Great Rm, Gas Log, Wood Burning
- StoriesTwo Story
- Basement Desc.Crawl, Partial Basement, Partially Finished
- DistrictEvansville-Vanderburgh School Corp.
- Listing AgentJacob Mcgennis
- Listing OfficeCurran Miller Auction & Realty
Price Change History for 1601 Lant Circle, Evansville, Indiana (MLS® #202013918)
|Status Changed from Back on Market to Active||–|
|Price Increased from $300,000 to $398,900|
|Status Changed from Active to Back on Market||–|
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS