4880 S State Road 446, Bloomington
Located on nearly five gated acres, this custom executive home built by Robert Stancombe was artfully designed to capitalize fully on breathtaking Lake Monroe views. From the dramatic approach, the stately limestone and granite exterior comes into view. Welcome family and guests through the expansive foyer to a truly one-of-a-kind masterpiece with exquisite details at every turn. A sweeping curved staircase, custom lighting and Merbau hardwood floors set the tone. The entire home offers creatively designed living and entertainment areas – both inside and out–linked by four-season views. On one side of the entryway is a formal, elevated dining room with two Murano crystal chandeliers leading to the butler’s pantry; on the other, a large great room with a floor-to-ceiling limestone fireplace with marble accents and a magnificent picture window showcasing Lake Monroe. It opens to the gourmet kitchen with handcrafted mahogany cabinetry and granite countertops that is equipped with stainless appliances, including double ovens, warming drawer, a commercial grade gas cooktop, two dishwashers, and a fireplace. Adjacent to the kitchen is an all-season turret surrounded by windows that features a ventless fireplace and offers yet another place to gather and enjoy the beautiful views. It leads to an expansive ironwood deck that extends across the back of the home. There is a walk-in pantry and main floor laundry room, as well. Also on the main level are a private study and a spacious master retreat. The large master bathroom has a separate walk-in shower, soaking tub surrounded by windows, separate vanities and a two-story walk in closet. Upstairs are two additional bedrooms, a second laundry room and a playroom with custom painting. The basement features the fourth bedroom/bath, an exercise room with sauna, a movie room with built-in bar and custom cabinetry, an acoustically sound music room for recording,listening to or practicing music. On the east side of the home is an ideal space for guests which includes the fifth bedroom ensuite.
- MLS® #202002234
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths3
- Square Footage11,155
- Year Built2003
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- Features1st Bdrm En Suite, Alarm System-Security, Balcony, Bar, Built-In Speaker System, Built-In Bookcase, Built-in Desk, Built-In Entertainment Ct, Cable Available, Cable Ready, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Closet(s) Walk-in, Countertops-Solid Surf, Deck Covered, Deck Open, Detector-Smoke, Disposal, Eat-In Kitchen, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Garden Tub, Jet Tub, Irrigation System, Kitchen Island, Landscaped, Pantry-Walk In, Patio Covered, Patio Open, Tub and Separate Shower, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Formal Dining Room, Main Floor Laundry, Other-See Remarks, Built-In Home Theatre, Central Vacuum System, Jet/Garden Tub
- Garage Spaces12
- ExteriorStone, Stucco, Limestone
- Lot DescriptionPartially Wooded, Slope, Water View, 3-5.9999
- WindowsLow Emittance Doors/Win
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Days on Market78
- Address4880 S State Road 446
- SubdivisionLake Monroe
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47401
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile
- HeatingForced Air
- CoolingCentral Air, Multiple Cooling Units
- # of Fireplaces4
- FireplacesLiving/Great Rm, Three +, Extra Rm, Kitchen
- StoriesTwo Story
- Basement Desc.Walk-Out Basement, Finished
- DistrictMonroe County Community School Corp.
- MiddleJackson Creek
- HighBloomington South
- Listing AgentTrish Sterling
- Listing OfficeSterling Real Estate
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS