801 W Virginia Street, Evansville
When Politician William F. Hartig had his home built in 1891 he wanted to impress everyone that walked through the door, and those finishes he installed are still there to blow you away today in 801 W Virginia Street. The 4 bed, 2 bath 2,760 sq foot historic house is filled with original woodwork, fireplaces, large sweeping rooms, decorative inlay flooring, and even an original carriage house out back. Recognizable by its imposing stature over First Avenue, this home has been lovingly restored and cared for since it was converted back from Apartments in the 1980's. The house features new windows, refinished floors, a newer kitchen, new plumbing lines, new electrical service, new landscaping, and fresh paint in several rooms just to name a few things. The house has a floored attic space with a tall ceiling as well if the discerning buyer would want to finish more space. You will love your new sunroom just off the kitchen, with the view of the professional landscaping and fountain in the backyard. For those that are handy, there is not only a large original carriage house, but an additional garage next door that already has cabinets and a workbench. How could this get better? You actually get the house next door also - live in a beautiful historic house and have your mortgage paid for by renting the neighbor house! Come and make this once in a lifetime opportunity yours today!
- MLS® #201944091
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage2,760
- Year Built1891
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- FeaturesAttic Storage, Attic-Walk-up, Built-In Bookcase, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Countertops-Solid Surf, Detector-Smoke, Dryer Hook Up Electric, Eat-In Kitchen, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Irrigation System, Natural Woodwork, Porch Enclosed, Porch Open, Tub/Shower Combination, Formal Dining Room, Great Room, Custom Cabinetry, Garage Utilities, Detector-Carbon Monoxide, Guest Quarters, Intercom
- Garage Spaces1
- ExteriorBrick, Metal, Wood
- Lot DescriptionCorner, Level
- WindowsDouble Pane Windows, Storm Doors, Storm Windows
- RoofAsphalt, Metal, Shingle
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- Days on Market45
- Address801 W Virginia Street
- CountyVanderburgh County
- Zip Code47710
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile, Parquet
- HeatingGas, Forced Air, Wood
- CoolingCentral Air, Window
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesDining Rm, Family Rm, Living/Great Rm
- StoriesTwo and Half Story
- Basement Desc.Full Basement
- DistrictEvansville-Vanderburgh School Corp.
- ElementaryCedar Hall
- MiddleCedar Hall
- Listing AgentLucas Neuffer
- Listing OfficeFC TUCKER EMGE REALTORS
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS