5255 N Union Valley Road, Bloomington
Known by local residents as the Michalares Mansion, now is the time to own some of Bloomington's history. Used as a personal residence by the Michalares family many will remember taking baton twirling classes there over his 44 year career as well as being the home of the M&M Trophy Company. This large home currently offers 6 bedrooms & 4.5 baths in the main house, large rooms, open floor plan, formal and informal spaces, 5+ fireplaces, and indoor "spa" room that has an indoor lap pool & sauna and much, much more. Currently the basement is uses as a 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment and the former catering kitchen/pool house was also converted to a 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment. The grounds are made up of 6.25 acres with limestone & concrete fences, fountains, statuary, additional out buildings for storage, swimming pool and much more. The former M&M Trophy Company consisted of 2 large outbuildings, one open storage building with 3,500 sq. ft and the other used as offices and storage with 5,000 sq. ft. This unique property offers a variety of uses and is now in the Ellettsville zoning districts which allow for many more uses. A must see property. Seller and or listing agent must be present for all showings. All room counts & measurements are for the main house. See additional documents for the 2 apartments and current rental information.
- MLS® #201943029
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,706
- Year Built1947
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- Features1st Bdrm En Suite, Breakfast Bar, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Ceilings-Vaulted, Closet(s) Walk-in, Deck Open, Detector-Smoke, Disposal, Eat-In Kitchen, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Landscaped, Open Floor Plan, Patio Open, Stand Up Shower, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Great Room, Main Floor Laundry, Sump Pump, RV Parking, Formal Dining Room, Other-See Remarks, Hot Tub/Spa, Balcony, Bar, Built-In Bookcase, Built-in Desk, Cable Available, Ceiling-Cathedral, Central Vacuum System, Countertops-Ceramic, Countertops-Laminate, Court-Recreational, Deck Covered, Firepit, Guest Quarters, Intercom, Natural Woodwork, Pantry-Walk In, Patio Covered, Six Panel Doors, Skylight(s), Split Br Floor Plan, Utility Sink, Wet Bar
- Garage Spaces2
- Has PoolYes
- PoolBelow Ground
- ExteriorStone, Vinyl, Wood, Limestone
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Slope, 6-9.999
- RoofMetal, Rubber, Dimensional Shingles
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- Days on Market248
- Address5255 N Union Valley Road
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47404
- InteriorCarpet, Laminate, Tile, Stone
- HeatingGas, Forced Air, Electric, Multiple Heating Systems
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces5
- FireplacesWood Burning Stove, Electric, Gas Log, Wood Burning, Basement, Three +, Family Rm, Living/Great Rm, 3rd Bdrm, 5th Bdrm
- StoriesTwo Story
- Basement Desc.Walk-Out Basement, Partial Basement, Finished, Outside Entrance Only
- DistrictRichland-Bean Blossom Community Schools
- Listing AgentBrian Thompson
- Listing OfficeFC Tucker/Bloomington REALTORS
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS