1249 E Jefferson Boulevard, South Bend
In 1902, this spectacular mansion was built on 1.3 acres of land sold to the Birdsells by the Studebakers. This is an especially rare opportunity to own a stunning historical property on Jefferson Blvd. that has been renovated on all 4 levels with exquisite taste true to its period. It's difficult to describe the endless details such as the intrinsic original moldings, built-ins & leaded glass throughout. Just under 8,000 sq. ft, the home includes 8 bedrooms, 3 full & 2 half baths, 7 fireplaces, 5 staircases, office, sunroom, main level bar, pantry room, basement game room, & wine cellar. In the past 4 years, there have been extensive renovations inside & out: kitchen, pantry room, breakfast room, bar, bathrooms, landscaping & hardscaping. The kitchen is truly gourmet, & all appliances are high-end including the 48" Wolf range & built-in Subzero refrigerator. Hardwood flooring throughout all three levels. The gorgeous paver patio is complete with pergola, fireplace, built-in grill, & pizza oven. Home is also accessible by driveway off Sunnyside. Qualified buyers, schedule a private showing to see & appreciate the quality and special features of this magnificent property. As this is a large home to fill, the furnishings are negotiable.
- MLS® #201937230
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage8,646
- Year Built1902
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- Features1st Bdrm En Suite, Alarm System-Security, Attic Storage, Balcony, Bar, Breakfast Bar, Built-In Bookcase, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Ceilings-Beamed, Closet(s) Walk-in, Countertops-Stone, Crown Molding, Disposal, Dryer Hook Up Gas/Elec, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Irrigation System, Kitchen Island, Landscaped, Pantry-Walk In, Patio Open, Pocket Doors, Porch Covered, Split Br Floor Plan, Twin Sink Vanity, Utility Sink, Wet Bar, Tub/Shower Combination, Formal Dining Room, Washer Hook-Up, Jack & Jill Bath
- Garage Spaces3
- ExteriorAluminum, Cedar, Stone
- Lot DescriptionCorner, Level, 0-2.9999
- RoofAsphalt, Shingle
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- FoundationBlock, Brick, Stone
- Days on Market88
- Address1249 E Jefferson Boulevard
- CitySouth Bend
- CountySt. Joseph County
- Zip Code46617
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile
- HeatingGas, Forced Air, Hot Water, Multiple Heating Systems
- CoolingCentral Air, Window, Multiple Cooling Units
- # of Fireplaces7
- FireplacesFamily Rm, Living/Great Rm, Rec Rm, 1st Bdrm, 2nd Bdrm, 3rd Bdrm, Fireplace Screen/Door, Gas Log, Wood Burning, Basement, Three +, Gas Starter
- StoriesThree Story
- Basement Desc.Full Basement, Partially Finished
- DistrictSouth Bend Community School Corp.
- Listing AgentJulia Robbins
- Listing OfficeRE/MAX 100
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS