3717 E Mabels Way, Bloomington
This spectacular custom-built architectural beauty is located less than 3 miles from Indiana University in the Lanaham Ridge neighborhood on 6.3 wooded acres. Designed by notable Columbus architect Frank Adams, and built by Larry and John Ingram, this modern home was thoughtfully fashioned with the owners’ love of light, art and entertaining in mind. With over 6,000 finished sq.ft, the home offers 4 ensuite bedrooms, and 5-½ baths. The main level features an enormous multi-purpose dining and entertaining great room, with 12-foot ceilings, beams, panoramic and transom windows that showcase views of the wooded property. French doors on one end lead to a garden area with a custom fountain and limestone bench. Similar doors off the dining area open to a large covered patio area, perfect for entertaining. The home offers a chef’s kitchen with all the amenities you’d expect from such a high-quality home, including maple cabinetry, corian countertops and island with a gas cooktop, double ovens and a warming drawer, a large walk-in pantry and a subzero refrigerator. The eat-in kitchen nook is centered around bay windows. The kitchen opens to the family room with a wood burning fireplace that also capitalizes on views to the woods. The main level also has a laundry room and separate mud room, and a library. There are built in shelves throughout home, including bedrooms, library and family room. The practical configuration of the bedrooms in two “wings” off the main living space is ideal. The master bedroom wing offers a sitting room, dressing room and walk-in closet and a large bath with double vanity, jetted tub and shower. There is a large bonus room, surrounded by windows above the master suite, which is being used as an office.The guest wing offers 3 large bedrooms with ample closet space and ensuite baths. The home’s lower walk-out level has a full bath, a rec room with 2nd fireplace and unfinished space that is plumbed for an additional bath, which could easily be converted to a guest bedroom. There is garage space for 4 cars.
- MLS® #201925011
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,280
- Year Built1998
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- StyleRanch, Contemporary
- Features1st Bdrm En Suite, Built-In Bookcase, Cable Available, Cable Ready, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling Fan(s), Closet(s) Walk-in, Eat-In Kitchen, Foyer Entry, Pantry-Walk In, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Great Room, Main Floor Laundry, Stand Up Shower, Built-in Desk, Countertops-Solid Surf, Deck Covered, Deck Open, Disposal, Garage Door Opener, Jet Tub, Landscaped, Split Br Floor Plan
- Garage Spaces4
- ExteriorStone, Stucco
- Lot DescriptionWooded, 6-9.999, Partially Wooded
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Days on Market219
- Address3717 E Mabels Way
- SubdivisionLanam Ridgeview Estates
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47408
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet
- HeatingForced Air
- CoolingCentral Air, Multiple Cooling Units
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesLiving/Great Rm, Gas Starter, Rec Rm
- StoriesOne Story
- Basement Desc.Crawl, Walk-Out Basement, Partially Finished
- DistrictMonroe County Community School Corp.
- HighBloomington North
- Listing AgentTrish Sterling
- Listing OfficeSterling Real Estate
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS