1648 N Prairie Green Court, Bloomington
Located in Bloomington, this magnificent custom-built Prairie-style home on nearly three acres is situated just three miles east of Indiana University. Echoing the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright, with over 3400 sq. ft. of living and entertainment space all on one level, the home’s style melds the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement with an emphasis on nature and the home’s stunning grounds. The private enclave of Prairie Green homes, all built by Dave Lantz of Shelterwood Builders, are best known for their style, quality construction and energy efficiency. Both inside and out, the home exudes craftsmanship and classic styling, incorporating beautiful stone and hardwood floors, wood-trimmed windows and custom interior doors. Enter the home through glass-paned double doors to an oversized entry that leads to an office with French doors that opens to the covered outdoor patio and wrap-around porch on one side, and a formal dining room lined with wood-trimmed windows on the other. The expansive great room with vaulted ceilings, custom shelving and a gas fireplace trimmed in stone from floor to ceiling, opens to the gourmet kitchen and outdoor courtyard with water fountain feature, an ideal layout for entertaining a crowd. The kitchen offers a large center island, a 5-burner gas range and custom-tile back splash, professional hood, granite counters and custom cabinets with storage and built-in pantry, near the laundry room with sink and ample storage. Three bedrooms and two 1/2 baths are situated in the back of the home. The expansive master suite includes large closets, double vanity, a jetted tub and walk-in shower. The master also opens to a second den that was used as a media room and access to the courtyard, and outside pergola-covered patio. This energy efficient home features geo-thermal heating, spray foam insulation in the walls and roof, and a southern exposure that creates passive solar benefits. Additional features include: built in vacuum system, Rainbird landscape dripline system, back up generator, Advantium Speedcook. It includes a two-car garage, a storage shed and is located in the University Elementary, Tri North and North High School districts.
- MLS® #201912468
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,482
- Year Built2012
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- FeaturesDeck Open, Detector-Smoke, Disposal, Foyer Entry, Garage Door Opener, Garden Tub, Porch Covered, Main Floor Laundry, Stand Up Shower, Tub and Separate Shower, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Formal Dining Room, Great Room, Alarm System-Security, Built-In Speaker System, Built-In Bookcase, Built-In Home Theatre, Cable Available, Cable Ready, Ceiling-9+, Countertops-Solid Surf, Deck Covered, Jet Tub, Generator Built-In, Irrigation System, Kitchen Island, Landscaped, Natural Woodwork, Open Floor Plan, Patio Covered, Wiring-Smart Home
- Garage Spaces2
- ExteriorStone, Other
- Lot DescriptionLevel, 0-2.9999
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- Days on Market104
- Address1648 N Prairie Green Court
- SubdivisionPrairie Green
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47408
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesLiving/Great Rm, Den
- StoriesOne Story
- Basement Desc.Slab
- DistrictMonroe County Community School Corp.
- HighBloomington North
- Listing AgentTrish Sterling
- Listing OfficeSterling Real Estate
Price Change History for 1648 N Prairie Green Court, Bloomington, Indiana (MLS® #201912468)
|Price Reduced from $799,900 to $765,000|
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS