5099 E Paynetown Road, Bloomington
Be the king or queen of your own 87 acre mountain overlooking Lake Monroe, the largest body of water in Indiana. The home sits approximately 750' above water level, the sailing club and boat ramp only a few miles around the corner. Rarely does big acreage this close to downtown Bloomington and IU (15 minutes away) come on the market. Having this much acreage on Lake Monroe is even more rare. Great views can be had from this elevated ridge. You would own a whole point with approximately 3,000 feet of lake frontage. Property has been surveyed for a mini subdivision, each lot tested for septic and in compliance. Keep the point, sell off the rest. All lots have been configured to have lake views. Or, with variance or self sustained waste water treatment one could add numerous lots. As you drive back on the 1/4 mile drive you'll notice mature timber and a park like setting. At the end of the point sits a 6,131 sqft 7 bedroom, 6 bath Tudor home with in-ground pool and 3 car attached garage. The home is in need of a complete remodel but is structurally sound along with solid foundation. It could be torn down and a new masterpiece constructed. Make your own tourist destination with zip lines and hiking trails, ecotourism on the lake or family compound. Let your imagination run wild! Property surrounded by DNR land and IU Foundation preserve. Property being sold "as-is", 48 hour notice on showings.
- MLS® #201911017
- Full Baths6
- Square Footage6,038
- Year Built1975
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- Features1st Bdrm En Suite, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling-Cathedral, Ceilings-Beamed, Ceilings-Vaulted, Closet(s) Walk-in, Countertops-Laminate, Court-Basketball, Court-Tennis, Deck Covered, Dryer Hook Up Electric, Foyer Entry, Pantry-Walk In, Patio Covered, Porch Open, Porch Screened, Range/Oven Hk Up Gas/Elec, Wet Bar, Stand Up Shower, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Main Floor Laundry, Washer Hook-Up
- Garage Spaces3
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolBelow Ground
- Lot DescriptionHeavily Wooded, Irregular, Waterfront, 15+, Lake, Water View, Wooded
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- Days on Market145
- ZoningA-R Agriculture-Residential
- Address5099 E Paynetown Road
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47401
- InteriorCarpet, Vinyl
- HeatingForced Air
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesFamily Rm, Living/Great Rm
- StoriesMulti-Story (3+)
- Basement Desc.Full Basement, Walk-Out Basement
- DistrictMonroe County Community School Corp.
- MiddleJackson Creek
- HighBloomington South
- Listing AgentAaron Steele
- Listing OfficeFC Tucker/Bloomington REALTORS
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS