5820 S Handy Road, Bloomington
Breathtaking Rusty Turner custom built home on nearly 35 acres of beautiful Southern Indiana forest. This is a home truly built to impress and does so in a very accessible open concept floorplan that is an entertainer's dream. Step inside from the deep covered front porch into the great room with 14' ceilings, formal dining and living areas, and a glance thru a wall of glass doors out into the pool courtyard and beyond. The kitchen is a chef's dream and features a 4 burner gas Wolf Range with stainless hood and double oven, Viking microwave and trash compactor, two drawer dishwasher, ice chest, 2 door stainless side-by-side Subzero fridge, under sink reverse osmosis water filtration system, and Larry Ferree custom maple cabinetry which perfectly compliment the black granite counter tops. New Sonos sound system serves the kitchen, family room and pool area. The nearly 900 sq ft. main floor master suite offers a large bedroom featuring 12' tray ceiling with hidden lighting, access to a private deck overlooking the pool area, two large walk-in closets each with custom closet organization systems, and beautiful master bathroom with separate vanities, large jetted tub with marble tile surround, glass block and tile walk-in shower with bench and extra body sprays, and a separate commode room with linen closet and storage shelving. The walk-out lower level is prime entertainment and family space. A large theater room with new projector, components, and screen and current seating configuration for 8 sits adjacent a corner bar, bourbon room and pool table/gaming area. The lower level also houses an en suite guest room, large home office, temperature controlled wine cellar, and 835 sq ft of unfinished storage and workshop space. Outside the beautiful in-ground pool is serviced by a pool house with a 1/2 bath. Beyond the house, two large pole buildings both with electricity and water offer unlimited possibilities for hobbyists, home businesses, and animal lodging and serve as the gateway to a gorgeous meadow and 22.13 acres of classified Indiana Forest. This is an Estate not-to-be missed, and a very rare opportunity for someone looking for a well-appointed home and entertainment space in harmony with ample acreage.
- MLS® #201839113
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage5,455
- Year Built2006
- Has BasementYes
- Sub-TypeSite-Built Home
- FeaturesHot Tub/Spa, Balcony, Bar, Breakfast Bar, Built-In Speaker System, Built-In Entertainment Ct, Built-In Home Theatre, Ceiling-9+, Ceiling-Tray, Ceiling Fan(s), Ceilings-Vaulted, Closet(s) Walk-in, Countertops-Solid Surf, Deck Covered, Detector-Smoke, Disposal, Dryer Hook Up Electric, Garage Door Opener, Garden Tub, Guest Quarters, Kitchen Island, Landscaped, Open Floor Plan, Patio Covered, Patio Open, Porch Covered, Split Br Floor Plan, Twin Sink Vanity, Wet Bar, Stand Up Shower, Tub and Separate Shower, Tub/Shower Combination, Main Level Bedroom Suite, Formal Dining Room, Great Room, Main Floor Laundry, Custom Cabinetry
- Garage Spaces3
- Has PoolYes
- PoolBelow Ground
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Partially Wooded
- ConstructionNot Applicable
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Days on Market388
- Address5820 S Handy Road
- CountyMonroe County
- Zip Code47401
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile, Stone
- HeatingRadiant, Other Heating System, Other Heating Fuel
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesFamily Rm, Living/Great Rm, 1st Bdrm, Gas Starter
- StoriesOne Story
- Basement Desc.Walk-Out Basement
- DistrictMonroe County Community School Corp.
- MiddleJackson Creek
- HighBloomington South
- Listing AgentKate Miller
- Listing OfficeRE/MAX Acclaimed Properties
Properties marked with the icon,are provided courtesy of the Indiana Regional MLS Inc. Internet Data Exchange Database.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
MLS Content is copyright © Indiana Regional MLS Inc.
IDX information provided by the Indiana Regional MLS